"10 Across" -- Harper's, August 2020

Enter if you dare!
ChrisKochmanski

"10 Across" -- Harper's, August 2020

Post by ChrisKochmanski »

I keep getting letters from Harper's saying my subscription is about to run out. Yet the magazine keeps coming.

I very much enjoyed this month's variety cryptic from Richard E. Maltby, Jr. Lots of nice ahas, big and small, along the way.

It's here, but only to subscribers. I suppose I can access it, if my subscription really is still active (when did I renew? I don't recall doing that for many years), but I truly I have NO IDEA of my username and password here.
https://harpers.org/archive/2020/08/10-across/
norrin2

Post by norrin2 »

ChrisKochmanski wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:40 am I keep getting letters from Harper's saying my subscription is about to run out. Yet the magazine keeps coming.

I very much enjoyed this month's variety cryptic from Richard E. Maltby, Jr. Lots of nice ahas, big and small, along the way.

It's here, but only to subscribers. I suppose I can access it, if my subscription really is still active (when did I renew? I don't recall doing that for many years), but I truly I have NO IDEA of my username and password here.
https://harpers.org/archive/2020/08/10-across/
I enjoyed this one too. Took me a while to parse out 38 down even after I knew the answer. I hope your free subscription keeps coming. I won a subscription many years ago when they used to have an acrostic contest as well as the cryptic. But it stopped after a year. :?
Tom Wilson

Post by Tom Wilson »

I enjoyed it, too ... but I'm generally mighty fond of these Harper's puzzles, anyway. (As I was of the cryptics in The Atlantic before they went "poof.")

I consistently need a password prompt for my subscription. Maybe if I just make it MaltbyFan1957, I'll remember it!