Anniversary puzzle

Puzzles created by members of Xword-Muggles.com. Here you can post links to puzzles of any kind that you created - crosswords (meta or non-meta), cryptic, variety, word search, number puzzles, riddles, brainteasers and anything else.
Hector

Post by Hector »

It's one of those where I can't confidently re-create my solve, but I think there was significant backsolve juice involved. I had the four themer, Muggle entries written on my pad for a while, so not totally back-solve. But then I think I was rehearsing appropriate first-anniversary phrases, and one of them clicked, maybe USA TODAY. Yes, come think of it, that was the one, because I had been thinking of "papers" as newspapers, and so USA TODAY had already struck a chord. Fun solve.
MajordomoTom

Post by MajordomoTom »

we had AIR FORCE and either ONE or ACADEMY
OLD FAITHFUL
and then were also on the "SCHOOL TEXT BOOK" trail with nada for USA

also was trying to see if there were references to three movies here with clues which crossed:

AIR FORCE ONE(L) (Harrison FORD)
DIE HARD TOWER (Bruce WILLIS)
SMILEYS (X)GAME(S) (Alec GUINNESS)

... see why? GUINNESS - I thought that HAD to be relevant to the answer!

:)
"Lots of planets have a North", the Ninth Doctor.
Joe Ross

Post by Joe Ross »

BrianMac wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:58 pm
TMart wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:36 pm Brian - is there a way to post with PDF and PUZ attachments? I’m noodling around with some meta projects but I don’t think I’m able to post them as attachments. I tried a test and got an error message for an invalid attachment.

I think a new section with Muggle creations would be great!
There's not really a usable "upload" feature here. The easiest thing would be to email them to me (brianmac@xword-muggles.com) and I will upload them onto this site's servers, then give you the urls you can post. Or you can host them yourself if you have that capability.
There are dozens of cloud storage options to use for sharing files, which you'll want if you are sharing files here, or with others. Many are free or offer up to a terabyte or two of free storage.

You may have access to a few terabytes of storage, right now, via Amazon S3, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft OneDrive, Google Drive, Apple's iCloud, etc. Dropbox.com is a popular service, but there are many, many more which you may prefer.

I store very few files on my PCs & phones and recommend doing so to others. Obviously, security is an important issue. Be sure to understand the security features & capabilities for any cloud storage you might choose.

Key to posting file links to your cloud storage is not allowing editing rights. Only allow others to "View" your files, which they can then download and Save As to their own drives or computers. I hesitate to have public folders, to which anyone has access. You can offer access to individual files, even if they are stored in private folders.

For those who solve collaboratively, you can give certain others the option to "Allow to Edit", which means that they can edit the file on your cloud storage drive. Within some software platforms, the files can be edited live, with two or more people editing at once and changes showing on all monitors, wherever they may be. This is fantastic for business, especially these days, and fun for family members working over a tough meta.
Whole blood, platelets, or plasma: Donate 4 in 2024

PLATELET 𝗱𝗼𝗻𝗼𝗿𝘀 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗿𝗮𝗿𝗲.
𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗻𝗲𝗲𝗱 𝗶𝘀 ENORMOUS 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗰𝗮𝗿𝗲:
𝟰𝟬% 𝗽𝗲𝗱𝗶𝗮𝘁𝗿𝗶𝗰,
𝟯𝟬% 𝗲𝗮𝗰𝗵, 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗮𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗰,
𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗰𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲𝗿 & 𝘁𝗿𝗮𝘂𝗺𝗮. 𝗣𝗟𝗘𝗔𝗦𝗘 𝗦𝗛𝗔𝗥𝗘!