#570 - "Funny Guy" - May 3, 2019

An excellent puzzle written by one of the innovators of the meta crossword format. It comes out every Friday at noon and increases in difficulty throughout the month. Available for modest subscription (worth every cent) here: www.xwordcontest.com
FrankieHeck

Post by FrankieHeck »

Oh. My. Gosh. Before this thread is locked, guess who won the prize this week???? And I only started doing his puzzles on April 12. So sorry, Cindy!!

(My real name, as it will be posted, is Karen Spencer. But I'm almost always Frankie Heck online. I answer to both :D )
Last edited by FrankieHeck on Thu May 09, 2019 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BarbaraK

Post by BarbaraK »

FrankieHeck wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 1:27 pm Oh. My. Gosh. Before this thread is locked, guess who won the prize this week???? And I only started doing his puzzles on April 12. So sorry, Cindy!!
Woo hoo! Congratulations!

A win by one muggle is a win for all muggles.
BrianMac
Site Admin

Post by BrianMac »

Congrats, Frankie!! We love it when a Muggle wins a prize! And don't worry, the proposal is only to close puzzle threads after the contest has been over for a few weeks.

(if anyone doesn't know what we're talking about, please see this thread and chime in if you have an opinion).
Al Sisti

Post by Al Sisti »

FrankieHeck wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 1:27 pm Oh. My. Gosh. Before this thread is locked, guess who won the prize this week???? And I only started doing his puzzles on April 12. So sorry, Cindy!!

(My real name, as it will be posted, is Karen Spencer. But I'm almost always Frankie Heck online. I answer to both :D )
Congrats! Love Frankie Heck, btw. Not all mothers wear pearls to make breakfast.
LesY

Post by LesY »

That’s awesome! And against some long odds. Congrats!