I'm out of order? You're out of order! This whole [#four-letter word]#] puzzle is out of ... alignment

Discuss meta crosswords from sources other than those listed above.
woozy

I'm out of order? You're out of order! This whole [#four-letter word]#] puzzle is out of ... alignment

Post by woozy »

So... I guess I'll just announce I toyed and knocked out a new one. Once you knock it in order this impenetrable thing might fall into place.

Good luck and I wish you.... a 17-letter phrase that is the answer to the meta.

Order? I'm out of order? You're out of order! This whole [#four-letter word#] puzzle is out of ..... alignment
iredaledist.jpg
Stinky Pinkies!

My Entry to the May 2024 CrossHare Midi Contest

Not a meta, but, yeesh!, that was tough to create.
schmidzy

Post by schmidzy »

Just noticed there's a thread for this one — this puzzle was super clever, thanks woozy!

Leaderboard's a little lonely right now... still time to get that "page one" status!
woozy

Post by woozy »

I think making it to page 2 would be more impressive
Stinky Pinkies!

woozy

Post by woozy »

THis is going over like a wet squib.

Nudge 1: This is essentially the same mechanism as a recent MOAT. Very recent MOAT
Nudge 2: There are entries grouped together. What is the common bind that binds each group together. I has something to do with order and four letter words.
Nudge 3: What ails Isla Lund's and Lisa Simpson's sail to Isla Bonita? The geology loving Alis (MacGraw and Laila) were interested in the lias there
Stinky Pinkies!

Cindy

Post by Cindy »

Solved
hoover

Post by hoover »

The .puz crashes Across Lite. :(
woozy

Post by woozy »

hoover wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:19 pm The .puz crashes Across Lite. :(
I have no idea why.

But it certainly does (I probably have too long a clue [that includes a URL]) for one of the down clues.
Stinky Pinkies!

benchen71

Post by benchen71 »

I thought nudges were supposed to get more and more explicit as they go. I've looked at all of the nudges here and all of the nudges at Crosshare and I am still well and truly at sea. And it was my MOAT that supposedly led to this meta! :?
Check out "The MOAT MEOW Mashup Pack" here. US$10 for 14 metas that don't always abide by the "rules" of the game: asymmetry, 2-letter words, uncrossed letters, who knows. And this time there's a mega-meta! :shock:
woozy

Post by woozy »

benchen71 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:20 am I thought nudges were supposed to get more and more explicit as they go. I've looked at all of the nudges here and all of the nudges at Crosshare and I am still well and truly at sea. And it was my MOAT that supposedly led to this meta! :?
No. I published this and then that day I did your moat and thought "Oh, that's a coincidence."

Here's a nudge: ACEREIMTEILVAOSTACER EIMT EILV AOSTILSA ISLA LISA SAIL AILS ALIS LIASASIL

Stinky Pinkies!