"But Wait, There's More!"

A weekly meta crossword created by members of the forum. Difficulty levels will vary. Hints are usually available starting Wednesday, and solutions are posted on Sunday.
Cap'n Rick

Post by Cap'n Rick »

Leaderboard Update

Two more solvers bring our total to 73:

DIS
Bird Lives

Stay tuned for the big reveal this weekend!
Ahoy! Check out my meta puzzles here! Check out "Smooth Sailing Sundays" here!
Cap'n Rick

Post by Cap'n Rick »

Leaderboard Update

One more solver brings us to 74:

frostyjhammer

Reveal tomorrow!
Cap'n Rick

Post by Cap'n Rick »

Final Leaderboard:

Three more solvers bring our final total to 77:

Mr Tex
BMW
Susan

Reveal coming up real soon!
Cap'n Rick

Post by Cap'n Rick »

as-seen-on-tv2.jpg

Ahoy, Muggles!

The meta answer is "As Seen on TV" - a phrase that is undoubtedly familiar to anyone who has ever turned on a TV set. And speaking of "TVSETS", the clue for 57A Den fixtures (and a hint to solving the meta) was intended to direct your attention to the four "TVs" appearing within four symmetrically-placed grid entries (13A LATVIA, 16A ATVTRAIL, 52A MTVERNON, and 57A TVSETS). "SETS" was intended to indicate that you needed to identify the letters atop the TVs which spelled the meta answer. Easter eggs included the central entry - COMMERCIALS - as well as the climbing staircase of "ONs" leading up and ONTO the final TV.

Reveal Grid and Bass-O-Matic.jpg

In the Crosshare comments a few of you reminisced about some famous TV products like the Popeil Pocket Fisherman, the ShamWow, and the Veg-O-Matic. That reminded me of that infamous SNL skit with Dan Aykroyd demonstrating the Bass-O-Matic. Hilarious stuff! :lol:

Thanks for solving!
Cap'n Rick

"But wait, there's more!"
Off Topic
MGWCC banner2.jpg
Last Friday I was very honored to receive a shout-out from Matt Gaffney on his weekly MGWCC site. And to top things off, I now share a spot on his "Crossword Links" sidebar with several constructor luminaries including Muggle buddies @benchen71, @MikeyG, @AnswerPfinder, and @ricky. Thanks, Matt!
JeanneC

Post by JeanneC »

Superbly done puzzle. No wonder you received your shout out from Matt.
I must make a note to watch for your future contributions so I AVOID FUTURE REGRET (favorite cheesy pitch line of all time)!
“I cannot and will not cut my conscience to fit this year’s fashions”. Lillian Hellman