Just Silly

Puzzles created by members of Xword-Muggles.com. Here you can post links to puzzles of any kind that you created - crosswords (meta or non-meta), cryptic, variety, word search, number puzzles, riddles, brainteasers and anything else.
DrTom

Just Silly

Post by DrTom »

You know the old saying about a group on monkeys and the works of Shakespeare, well apparently if you give me a computer and enough time to just be silly, a puzzle emerges. There is no meta answer, there is really no good sense to this except that I hope my punny nature and some odd definitions cause you some laughter. If you try to solve this using your "usual" crossword sense you'll be at it all day. Think DrTom or MikeyG to the extreme and that might help.

Just Silly - Crosshare link

Just Silly - Puz file

Just Silly - PDF file

Just Silly - PDF one-page

Word of warning!! The PDF file is two pages because of the amount of text that was used so be aware that you will get two pages if you print it. My advice is to do it in Crosshare or with the puz file because I have already been told that testers had a LOT of erasing to do as they scrambled to fill what might have been in my mind.....

UPDATE - Our indefatigable champion of puzzledom @Joe Ross went and made a ONE-page PDF and a image file for those who want to try this on paper - WARNING, Crosshare tells me it has been downloaded 8 times and solved without edits or reveals only once so lots of pencils and a BIG eraser may be needed.

20240504-DrTom-JustSilly.png
Attachments
(183.7 KiB) Downloaded 29 times
(4 KiB) Downloaded 27 times
(186.25 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
Last edited by DrTom on Sun May 05, 2024 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
NUDGES!I am always willing to give nudges where needed; metas should be about fun, not frustration. Send me what you have done so far because often you are closer than you think!
KayW

Post by KayW »

:crossed_swords: :rabbit: Tom you've out-punned yourself. And that's not easy to do. This was wild - thanks!
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.
hoover

Post by hoover »

Oh my, that was punderful! And yes, I fell into the 66A trap! But there is a related, relevant organization with the initials that would fill in 56D to make my 66A.
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

hoover wrote: ↑Sat May 04, 2024 10:14 pm Oh my, that was punderful! And yes, I fell into the 66A trap! But there is a related, relevant organization with the initials that would fill in 56D to make my 66A.
I'm hoping that it has nothing to do with Network Connectivity! Cause if it does that would be no compliment to Ms. Swift!!!😁

T
NUDGES!I am always willing to give nudges where needed; metas should be about fun, not frustration. Send me what you have done so far because often you are closer than you think!
hoover

Post by hoover »

DrTom wrote: ↑Sun May 05, 2024 11:40 am
hoover wrote: ↑Sat May 04, 2024 10:14 pm Oh my, that was punderful! And yes, I fell into the 66A trap! But there is a related, relevant organization with the initials that would fill in 56D to make my 66A.
I'm hoping that it has nothing to do with Network Connectivity! Cause if it does that would be no compliment to Ms. Swift!!!😁

T
Same initials as Network Connectivity, different organization, one that does sportsy stuff.
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

hoover wrote: ↑Sun May 05, 2024 1:41 pm
DrTom wrote: ↑Sun May 05, 2024 11:40 am

T
Same initials as Network Connectivity, different organization, one that does sportsy stuff.
Like recruit athletes? I could see why you might have wanted to answer that AND I see that you may not be a fan of the Eras tour!πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

Tom