"Terrible Twos" -- Aug. 4, 2023

A place to discuss the weekly Wall Street Journal Crossword Puzzle Contest, starting every Thursday around 4:00 p.m. Eastern time. Please do not post any answers or hints before the contest deadline which is midnight Sunday Eastern time.
KayW

Post by KayW »

woozy wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:50 pm
[Although I don't think it will surprise anyone to know that NO-BODY submitted a correct answer.
Oh, drat - spoilers! (JK ;) ) I hadn't seen this meta before your post yesterday and attempted the grid then. I caved and hit reveal at the 30-minute mark because I had 3 squares I just could not get. I saw where the meta was headed, but don't know when or if I would have finished. However, I truly admire the construction!!
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.
woozy

Post by woozy »

KayW wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:33 pm
woozy wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:50 pm
[Although I don't think it will surprise anyone to know that NO-BODY submitted a correct answer.
Oh, drat - spoilers! (JK ;) ) I hadn't seen this meta before your post yesterday and attempted the grid then. I caved and hit reveal at the 30-minute mark because I had 3 squares I just could not get. I saw where the meta was headed, but don't know when or if I would have finished. However, I truly admire the construction!!
It was definitely a construction for the sake and challenge of the construction puzzle. Anyone actual attempting to do it was entirely extra.
Stinky Pinkies!

My Entry to the May 2024 CrossHare Midi Contest

Not a meta, but, yeesh!, that was tough to create.