Got It In One

A weekly meta crossword created by members of the forum. Difficulty levels will vary. Hints are usually available starting Wednesday, and solutions are posted on Sunday.
benchen71

Post by benchen71 »

With three puzzles out this week, I'm doing my best to keep the solver lists updated. Here are the latest solvers for "Got It In One":

ReB
sledge
CPJohnson
Johnny Luau
Darth
david
lbray53
Teamdoubletow

I think that brings us up to 67.
Check out "The MOAT MEOW Mashup Pack" here. US$10 for 14 metas that don't always abide by the "rules" of the game: asymmetry, 2-letter words, uncrossed letters, who knows. And this time there's a mega-meta! :shock:
benchen71

Post by benchen71 »

And now for some nudges!

Nudges, in order of increasing blatancy:

1. The puzzle title is the only clue.

2. There is something about 6 symmetric entries that should be notable.

3. Hmmm, there seem to be a lot of Os, Ns, and Es in this puzzle...
Check out "The MOAT MEOW Mashup Pack" here. US$10 for 14 metas that don't always abide by the "rules" of the game: asymmetry, 2-letter words, uncrossed letters, who knows. And this time there's a mega-meta! :shock:
LadyBird

Post by LadyBird »

Ink cartridges finally delivered so that I could print out the puzzle. And solved. Thanks for the puzzle!
benchen71

Post by benchen71 »

Solver update:

Snood
Bbaack
LadyBird
schmidzy
mkmf

Four more solvers brings us up to 72.

There will be one more solver update before the answer reveal...
benchen71

Post by benchen71 »

No more solvers to add! I guess everyone got stuck into WSJ. :)

Here's the solution to "Got It In One":

Got It In One (solution).png

A few potential solvers were scared by the reference to cricket in the meta prompt, fearing that a knowledge of cricket would be needed to solve the meta. But I wouldn't do that to you!

Thanks for having me as your MMM guest constructor this week. If you enjoyed this puzzle, be sure to check out my regular weekly MOAT puzzles.