Introducing CCCC!

STARTING APRIL 30, 2023

Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 meta puzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related organizations. Many of the constructors and test solvers involved with the project are members of the Muggle community. The bundle is available in exchange for a donation to any cancer-related charity. For more information, visit CrosswordsForCancer.com or email CrosswordsForCancer@gmail.com.
AnswerPfinder

Introducing CCCC!

Post by AnswerPfinder »

Good morning!

I'm thrilled to announce that Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer is now LIVE! You can now obtain the bundle by making an online donation to any cancer-related charity, and forwarding your emailed receipt to CrosswordsForCancer@gmail.com. More information is available on our website CrosswordsForCancer.com

Promo.png

A huge THANK-YOU to the many folks that made this possible! In addition to the constructors listed above, I'd also like to thank Heidi Birker, Larry Bray, Tamara Brenner, Meg Duvall, Bob Harris, Cindy Heisler, Barbara Koehler, Yash Nirmal, Mark Quirie, Karen Spencer, Wendy Walker, and Kay Whitman. You all are awesome!!

A few notes about etiquette and logistics: 
  • Once you receive access to the bundle, please do not share the link or the puzzles with anyone else. They are for your enjoyment only :) 
  • Here on the XWord Muggles forum, if you want to share a comment that would give away the meta answer or mechanism, please use spoiler tags. Please see this post about how to use spoiler tags if you haven't previously used them. There is no "deadline" for these puzzles, which means some folks may solve them several months from now, and we'd like for them to be able to read these threads without giving away the answers. 
  • Constructors may post nudges (or not) as they wish for their respective puzzles. Please check with a constructor before posting nudges on their behalf. As with any spoilers, please use spoiler tags when posting nudges. 
I will edit this post as needed when other important notes come to my attention. If you have something you think should be added to this list, please send me an email or PM. 

Happy solving! Thank you so much for your support! If you have questions or issues, just let me know!
-Will 
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.
ChrisKochmanski

Post by ChrisKochmanski »

Wonderful!

Such a generous community this Muggles bunch is!
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

Our Hero.jpg
What a special person our Will is. Yes, there were many contributors but Will (and his crew) conceived, arranged, edited and distributed this whole endeavor. I know that for me alone he must have clocked 10 hours of time. I hope it is the rousing success it deserves to be, and will be delighted if our little diversion has grown from a source to maintain our sanity during an epidemic to source to combat a devastating spectrum of diseases.

To that CCCC, I'll add a HHH (Hip Hip Hooray).

Tom
NUDGES!I am always willing to give nudges where needed; metas should be about fun, not frustration. Send me what you have done so far because often you are closer than you think!
Abide

Post by Abide »

Double shoutout to @BrennerTJ for all the great graphics! I know that took a lot of time and effort.
The site is just a web page, a meeting place, a clubhouse - it's the group that's special.
—Brian MacDonald
whimsy

Post by whimsy »

Untitledxxduckyawareness.png
Finally got my ducks in a row and have hopped on the (dino?) wagon.

In order to not play favorites (and since I haven't looked at them closely enough to connect constructors with puzzle titles) I've decided to do them in backwards alphabetical order of puzzle titles.

Just wonderful that Will has come up with something to provide fun and help such a worthy cause. Thanks to him and all involved in the enterprise!
Abide

Post by Abide »

$ 6210 and counting!
The site is just a web page, a meeting place, a clubhouse - it's the group that's special.
—Brian MacDonald
KayW

Post by KayW »

Whoa what symmetry - CCCC at 6666 :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
6666.png
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.