Take a Letter, Maria by Al Sisti

STARTING APRIL 30, 2023

Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 meta puzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related organizations. Many of the constructors and test solvers involved with the project are members of the Muggle community. The bundle is available in exchange for a donation to any cancer-related charity. For more information, visit CrosswordsForCancer.com or email CrosswordsForCancer@gmail.com.
ajk

Post by ajk »

Very fun, thanks. Agree that the clue for 41A is genius. :lol: :lol:
Check out this very cool project by many of your favorite muggles to raise money to fight cancer. You get a fun puzzle bundle and good causes get $. Win-win: Crosswords for Cancer
lbray53

Post by lbray53 »

This took me way too long considering that I recognized the anomaly in two entries as I was completing the grid but just considered it clever clue work. Great puzzle Al!!
My avatar proves that it is sometimes better to be lucky than good!
ReB

Post by ReB »

ajk wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 5:07 pm Very fun, thanks. Agree that the clue for 41A is genius. :lol: :lol:
Agree on both points! Three more CCCCs to solve...
MarkWoychick
Site Admin

Post by MarkWoychick »

Finally solved my last CCCC, and it was a good one - thanks, @Al Sisti! It took me too long to see it based on a faulty assumption or two on my part, but I finally got there.
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 contest-style (meta) crosswords that we've created to help raise money for cancer-related organizations - get the bundle at http://crosswordsforcancer.com
TeamDoubleTow

Post by TeamDoubleTow »

We just got o this today! Took us a while to clean figure out what to do. Very clever mechanism! Thanks for the fun puzzle @Al Sisti! It is rare that we are in the same zip code to solve metas these days so this was a delight to complete on one of the rare weekends that we were together.
Team DoubleTow=Ali who posts here, Alex & Maya the hound(with occasional assistance from son)