Introducing the SSS

Formerly known as the “Sunday Summer Substitute”, editor Cap'n Rick now takes the helm for 'Smooth Sailing Sundays'. As The Commodores sang about Sunday morning, the SSS will focus on easier metas. SSS will also support smaller grids and will mentor new constructors on request. Puzzles released each Sunday around 8am Eastern. Nudges released same day at Noon Eastern. New constructors are welcome.
Abide

Introducing the SSS

Post by Abide »

While Pandora’s Blocks is on hiatus, the MMM team presents the “Sunday Summer Substitute” aka the SSS. As The Commodores sang about Sunday morning, the SSS will focus on easier metas. SSS will also support smaller grids.

Puzzles released each Sunday around 8am Eastern. Nudges released same day at Noon Eastern. Additional nudges will be given at the Tuesday Zoom. Deadline to submit is Friday at 8pm Eastern.

The inaugural puzzle (May 14) will be "Have You Read Any Good Books Lately?" from @Bird Lives. @Wendy Walker is on deck, with @DrTom in-the-hole.

All that's left is finding an appropriate catchphrase for solving the SSS. Feel free to post any nominations below.
The site is just a web page, a meeting place, a clubhouse - it's the group that's special.
—Brian MacDonald
madhatter5

Post by madhatter5 »

The snake is in the grass
The griddle is on the stove
The steam has left the kettle
The cheese has left the can
The S car went

@DrTom would do better
https://pandorasblocks.org/crosswords-for-cancer
Abide

Post by Abide »

I move to close nominations :lol:
The site is just a web page, a meeting place, a clubhouse - it's the group that's special.
—Brian MacDonald
michaelm

Post by michaelm »

Rolled out of bed
Breakfast has been served
Toast is buttered
Sunday school is out
The choir has sung

These are all bad.
We do need @DrTom
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

Well if I am still allowed to make suggestions:

"Took the air out of that one"

"The meta is hiss-tory"
NUDGES!I am always willing to give nudges where needed; metas should be about fun, not frustration. Send me what you have done so far because often you are closer than you think!
benchen71

Post by benchen71 »

"SSSolved!" is catching on... :D
Check out "The MOAT MEOW Mashup Pack" here. US$10 for 14 metas that don't always abide by the "rules" of the game: asymmetry, 2-letter words, uncrossed letters, who knows. And this time there's a mega-meta! :shock:
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

It SSSertainly is! I think that is the one.
NUDGES!I am always willing to give nudges where needed; metas should be about fun, not frustration. Send me what you have done so far because often you are closer than you think!