"Body Language " October 6, 2023

A place to discuss the weekly Wall Street Journal Crossword Puzzle Contest, starting every Thursday around 4:00 p.m. Eastern time. Please do not post any answers or hints before the contest deadline which is midnight Sunday Eastern time.
Miki

Post by Miki »

Ashore! This was not easy. But it turns out I saw it from the start...
Dannyvee

Post by Dannyvee »

Got most of the way there yesterday but got it quickly with a fresh look this morning
Fun one.
I can be found in Sheridan, NY, veejaying. (8)
Wendy Walker

Post by Wendy Walker »

Hello, Muggles! Whether you've solved or not, don't miss our weekly Zoom call at 4:30 p.m. Eastern this afternoon. We're eager to hear your thoughts about this week's fun and wacky puzzle. Everyone is welcome, no matter how new or shy you are -- the more, the merrier! Just click on "Muggle Zoom Room" at the top of this page. Unless Don and Cynthia have returned from London, I'll be hosting, and perhaps Felix will put in an appearance!
Good luck, fellow Muggles!
Acarl

Post by Acarl »

A gentle nudge from Felix’s mom, inspiration while I was swimming laps in the pool, and I’m STILL not there! So close…..Bloody Mary, Isaac, please. The final step must be right below the lettuce.
RDaleHall

Post by RDaleHall »

This went from totally lost to totally found very quickly. Super enjoyable ride with some twists and turns to get to the shore. Bears victory, Illini victory (fingers crossed) and Butkus mourning... So going with a Blue Moon and Orange Slice.
Bob cruise director
Cruise Director

Post by Bob cruise director »

Good morning muggles.

An interesting challenge from the nefarious Matt Gaffney. Some got it very easily and many struggled. So far we have 9 on the ship and 74 on the shore - or a shore - or the back of Jonah the whale.

Don't forget the 4:30 zoom call today using the link at the top. Don't worry about being overcrowded. I have bumped the capacity up to 500 in preparation for Matt Gaffney's zoom call on Saturday October 28.
Bob Stevens
Cruise Director
MaineMarge

Post by MaineMarge »

Still on the ship. Good thing we don’t have to watch our language around Isaac- @Bob cruise director and I have been bantering around some pretty bad words this morning trying to figure this one out…
We don’t have the 4 letter answer yet, but do have loads of an 8 letter one :WRINKLES🤣🤣
Joe Ross

Post by Joe Ross »

whimsy wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:45 am On the Ship.
I see things but I doubt they're the right things. Must be missing something right in front of me...

"Honey, where do we keep the lettuce?"
Is that rarebit Welsh?
sjm

Post by sjm »

I went about this a bit backwards, but I swam ashore eventually with a small nudge!
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

Well as usual, with these that everyone sees immediately I do not see at all.

What a pain in a body part....
NUDGES!I am always willing to give nudges where needed; metas should be about fun, not frustration. Send me what you have done so far because often you are closer than you think!
MatthewL

Post by MatthewL »

Finally ashore, with a helpful nudge. Was most of the way there, but had skipped something important. Alas, the mug will have to wait for yet another week. Beer me nonetheless.
Matthew
HeadinHome

Post by HeadinHome »

Got on this one very late (started Friday am). Got stuck, but the perfect little nudge from Abide and AJK opened the gate to this fun ride. Thanks!

(Won’t submit bc I got a nudge .. clean win or no win!!)

On the beach, exposing the appropriate body parts to the sun. Margarita me.
The other Wendy. :roll:
LadyBird

Post by LadyBird »

DrTom wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:52 pm Well as usual, with these that everyone sees immediately I do not see at all.

What a pain in a body part....
Alas, that one is only 3 letters!
ship4u

Post by ship4u »

Wendy Walker wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:27 am Hello, Muggles! Whether you've solved or not, don't miss our weekly Zoom call at 4:30 p.m. Eastern this afternoon. We're eager to hear your thoughts about this week's fun and wacky puzzle. Everyone is welcome, no matter how new or shy you are -- the more, the merrier! Just click on "Muggle Zoom Room" at the top of this page. Unless Don and Cynthia have returned from London, I'll be hosting, and perhaps Felix will put in an appearance!
Keep up the great work! Cyn and I are still in London, trying to learn the language here. It's great to know you are still thinking of us!!
Don & Cynthia

We are always happy to get to know other muggles and help in any way! PM's are always welcome. The next best thing to winning a mug is helping a fellow muggle win a mug!
ship4u

Post by ship4u »

Cynthia is not very happy with the body language that I am exhibiting as I struggle with sorting this one out.... :)
Don & Cynthia

We are always happy to get to know other muggles and help in any way! PM's are always welcome. The next best thing to winning a mug is helping a fellow muggle win a mug!
Gman

Post by Gman »

Tantalizingly close. A couple of rabbit trails that must lead somewhere, but I just cannot quite grab one. Pour me another round, Isaac. Nice nod to the muggle community, yesterday, BTW.
Barnhart6

Post by Barnhart6 »

Hope you are enjoying London!
ship4u wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:17 pm Cynthia is not very happy with the body language that I am exhibiting as I struggle with sorting this one out.... :)
Thanks to all the muggles in this group. Participating is the highlight of the week!
Brian B
Jeanrosz

Post by Jeanrosz »

Tricky one this week but I liked it. True gaffney style! Solved!
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

Ashore! Although without that final click that brings everything full circle, so who knows?
ship4u

Post by ship4u »

Ashore4us on the banks of the Thames! What I thought was a rabbit hole turned out to have some merit after all. After twisting ourselves into knots and thinking that we were simply hanging ourselves, we got it straightened out and made our way to shore. As the Brits say, "Cow shit I know?"

Cheers to all!
Don & Cynthia