"Significant Digits" Oct. 13, 2023

A place to discuss the weekly Wall Street Journal Crossword Puzzle Contest, starting every Thursday around 4:00 p.m. Eastern time. Please do not post any answers or hints before the contest deadline which is midnight Sunday Eastern time.
alloybodied

Post by alloybodied »

Shore nowhere in site.

Wouldn’t mind a nudge.
Sleepy

Post by Sleepy »

Ashore with a bit of help from @woozy and @ship4u. Pretty awesome puzzle really!!
Justmarebear

Post by Justmarebear »

Still cruising with Isaac, Hope the weather holds, as I have gotten nowhere with this weeks puzzle. Any nudge would be appreciated
rjy

Post by rjy »

After sampling everything on Isaac’s cocktail menu, I finally paid my tab and headed ashore… cheers, all!
Ray
KayW

Post by KayW »

:ocean: :ship: For the record, I'm still hanging with Isaac; hoping that posting here will spur some post-enlightenment :idea:
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.
Yoda66

Post by Yoda66 »

Lost in Mandalore. Not a hint of a hint.
“You must unlearn what you have learned.”
Darth

Post by Darth »

On Naboo. Following my bud @Yoda66 ... but ashore I am. :roll:
martimeryard

Post by martimeryard »

I've got a good idea of the meta but I'm still working on the mechanism. Still on the ship for now.
Bob cruise director
Cruise Director

Post by Bob cruise director »

On the shore with a couple of brilliant ideas from @MaineMarge and a course correction from @Wendy Walker who told us which of the 8+ options we were fumbling around with mattered. Some of the other rabbit holes looked like there was a lot of fur there but there was not a rabbit to be found.

Robert Stevens 23Oct12  7D Mark II 6688-HDR.jpg
Bob Stevens
Cruise Director
BigPear

Post by BigPear »

I spent the afternoon watching the solar eclipse at a Texas winery, and I am sorry to report that neither the ring of fire nor the day drinking provided any meta enlightenment. Back to my rabbit holes.
Kas

Post by Kas »

Ugh. I need a hint. Anyone?
Beth Tyrpin

Post by Beth Tyrpin »

🏝
Relic

Post by Relic »

Asea for me. I finished the grid this morning. As always a very neat grid from Berry. Love the clueing, some very nice misdirections. Only one set of answers stands out, but as of now, no clue what to do with it. I followed 3 rabbits from my own imagination. Each of those trails was mercifully short. Rather than chasing rabbits I have spent most of today trying to decide how to apply the one obvious in-puzzle nudge given. The day is not done yet. I am hoping for some post patio-sitting inspiration. If it doesn't come tonight, I will seek help on Sunday.

P.S. Maggie had a great time at Locktoberfest last week. She made a number of new friends and thrilled we took a pass on last week's puzzle.

Isaac, set me up with your best IPA!
Good luck to all for a successful solve. If you see that I'm ashore - rare occasion of late - message me if you'd like a nudge. Be sure to include your progress so I can know better how to assist.

Alan A. and Maggie Muggle
Kas

Post by Kas »

Kas wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:31 pm Ugh. I need a hint. Anyone?
UPDATE: Thanks to some *very* helpful nudges, I'm looking very forward to getting back to the puzzle this evening.

Special thanks to the kind soul who warned me in the first line of their message, "Spoiler Hint"--so I could stop reading, lol. (I'll get back to that message if the gentler nudges don't work.) ;)
C=64

Post by C=64 »

ASEA. I tried a few things but am not interested in spending a lot of time on this one.🦈
Joey Avocado

Post by Joey Avocado »

Lost, hopelessly lost. Nudges needed on this one
lbray53

Post by lbray53 »

Bob cruise director wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:57 pm On the shore with a couple of brilliant ideas from @MaineMarge and a course correction from @Wendy Walker who told us which of the 8+ options we were fumbling around with mattered. Some of the other rabbit holes looked like there was a lot of fur there but there was not a rabbit to be found.

Robert Stevens 23Oct12 7D Mark II 6688-HDR.jpg
LOVE this picture.
My avatar proves that it is sometimes better to be lucky than good!
woozy

Post by woozy »

Hmm... just realized something very unique about this puzzle.

Some might say this thing makes it a clever puzzle. Others may ... not.
I guess I should change my signature, and start promoting this meta: Hungry Little Creature. I was going to sent it to people for testing but I dropped the ball on it.
whimsy

Post by whimsy »

Still on the Ship.

But in my stateroom, packing to head out to the West Coast to see the offspring.
Untitledbuninsuitcase.png
drabble

Post by drabble »

Lost at sea.

Any chance for a little nudge?