Ghostwriters

Puzzles from one of the best in the business which include themed crosswords and metas.
Sunday Crossword by Evan Birnholz
Washington Post Sunday puzzle reveals.
hcbirker

Ghostwriters

Post by hcbirker »

Ghostwriters

By Evan Birnholz

I had planned to write one last crossword before I went on paternity leave, but my baby arrived much earlier than we expected! This challenging crossword is one of my favorite puzzles from 2018. The puzzles from Nov. 5 through Dec. 31 will be written by a wonderful group of guest constructors and I think you'll enjoy them.
Heidi
boharr

Post by boharr »

Always fun.
MatthewL

Post by MatthewL »

Definitely challenging. But great fun!
Matthew
KayW

Post by KayW »

Oh yes this one was challenging - but well worth the effort and so much fun to decipher the theme. Congratulations to you and your family!
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.
ChrisKochmanski

Post by ChrisKochmanski »

Beaut!

Congrats to Evan and fam!
hoover

Post by hoover »

That was fun! Took me about 3 times as long as usual, not because I didn't get the mechanism but because the rest of the fill was hard for me.
Congrats on the tax deduction!
P.S. After reading the comments on the WaPo site, I have to add, I loved the mechanism!
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

Wow! There are few non-meta crossword puzzles that I find as enjoyable as a meta, but this is certainly one of them. WHAT a FUN puzzle. I struggled with it until it dawned on me that the answer to the clue was coming up in pieces and that the things I could not fill because there were too many letters were the rest of that entry. The fill was difficult to be sure, but oh so rewarding. I think my favorite of all was GORGON ZOLA.

Thank you Evan, and congratulations. From the tone of the last puzzle I thought there might be one of each!
NUDGES!I am always willing to give nudges where needed; metas should be about fun, not frustration. Send me what you have done so far because often you are closer than you think!