92. It's a Breeze

Puzzles! Puns! The occasional crosswordese! Solve a new meta at the end of each of month at https://punofakind.blogspot.com/
Darth

Post by Darth »

Pun and done...after a brief convo with a rabbit! (or should I say, "shooting the breeze"?) :P
Abide

Post by Abide »

This was brilliant on multiple levels. Kudos!
The site is just a web page, a meeting place, a clubhouse - it's the group that's special.
—Brian MacDonald
Cap'n Rick

Post by Cap'n Rick »

Great job, @MikeyG! Loved it!
Ahoy! Check out my meta puzzles here! Check out "Smooth Sailing Sundays" here!
ChrisKochmanski

Post by ChrisKochmanski »

Punderful!

Much, much enjoyed this one, Mikey.

When is Bellinger back? His revival has been fun to track.
woozy

Post by woozy »

Well, that's a neat trap. Stood on the side before jumping in but eventually jumped in. Then stepped out and am continuing to look around.
I guess I should change my signature, and start promoting this meta: Hungry Little Creature. I was going to sent it to people for testing but I dropped the ball on it.
hcbirker

Post by hcbirker »

Nice one Mikey!
Heidi
oldjudge

Post by oldjudge »

MikeyG wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:01 pm
oldjudge wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:52 pm Judge is in a horrible slump and their bullpen is very iffy. Soto has been great though--playing at an MVP level.
Your D was a little off today. You gave up two touchdowns and a field goal to Boston 🤣.
The only good news is the Brewers gave up five field goals to you guys, so I guess no harm, no foul? But that was brutal. :lol:
Yes, we have the best kicker in the league, Aaron Boone. He has been kicked out of more games than any other manager.
BarbaraK

Post by BarbaraK »

Found the "trap" quickly enough, but needed a nudge to get beyond that to the final answer. Impressive getting both answers there!
If you want help with a meta, feel free to PM me. The more specific you are about what you have and what you want, the more likely I can help without spoiling.

(And if I help you win a mug, I’ll be especially delighted.)
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

Missed the first answer completely but managed to get in for the second, I won't say it was a breeze but it was a breath of fresh air when I solved. Great AHA and great construction. Thanks Mikey
Wind WInd situation.jpeg
NUDGES!I am always willing to give nudges where needed; metas should be about fun, not frustration. Send me what you have done so far because often you are closer than you think!
benchen71

Post by benchen71 »

Still stuck in the trap! :O
Check out "The MOAT MEOW Mashup Pack" here. US$10 for 14 metas that don't always abide by the "rules" of the game: asymmetry, 2-letter words, uncrossed letters, who knows. And this time there's a mega-meta! :shock:
Berto

Post by Berto »

Untrapped > Depart Pun!
MikeyG

Post by MikeyG »

Berto wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:30 am Untrapped > Depart Pun!
That's epic, haha.

Up to 34 on this Monday, so I do think we have a Level 3 on our hands, yay! (My formula of 70 - n, where n is the number of solvers seems semi-accurate).

Sending good vibes and encouragement for those still stuck on the trap!

Less cross words, more crosswords.

Solve my latest "Pun of a Kind" Meta!: 93. Person of Letters
MatthewL

Post by MatthewL »

Finally was able to wriggle free of the trap and find my way to the solution. Thanks for the puzzle, Mikey!
Matthew
dudeski

Post by dudeski »

Trapped
rjy

Post by rjy »

Had to let this marinate a bit, but a delightful construction and solve - thanks, Mikey!
Ray
MikeyG

Post by MikeyG »

Cubs have been on the struggle bus a bit with offense (batting just .197 on this road trip), but I'll still throw some nudges your way, haha. We're at 41 now - let's see if we can get to the half-century mark by Saturday!

1. This first nudge assumes you're trapped! You've found the six 1-Down entries, and you realize their initial letters spell something that tells you have not finished your journey!

2. You have to look in the grid for more assistance. Think of the six "wind"-related words you've found. Search about the grid.

3. Think about how you might "adjust" those windy words to get some of the other words in the grid!

Hoping for a breezy WSJ and MGWCC to kick off the month! Go Cubs go!

Mikey G

hoover

Post by hoover »

I ... might need a nudge 0. The first half of the second sentence of nudge 1 is false.
Edit: mmkay, I'm past that part now.
benchen71

Post by benchen71 »

Hmm, those nudges are not helping. Will there be more? Please don't tell me more nudges are dependent on the outcome of baseball games!
Check out "The MOAT MEOW Mashup Pack" here. US$10 for 14 metas that don't always abide by the "rules" of the game: asymmetry, 2-letter words, uncrossed letters, who knows. And this time there's a mega-meta! :shock:
MikeyG

Post by MikeyG »

Nudges/Semi-Shoves

4. Apologies to @hoover who needed nudge #0. This will be a shove: the word "wind" is in six clues. The initial letters of these clues is not relevant but does spell out a trap indicating we're not done! :O

5. There are six other entries in the grid that are similar, in some way, to the words with "wind" as part of them (such as "rewind" and "Windex").

6. Let the wind "blow away" from these words. See what else you can find with the rest of the word remaining!

7. The answer to the "Cheers" clue seems close to one of these windy words, and that was partly intended as a possible in.

LarsCaine

Post by LarsCaine »

trapped.jpg
Update:
Out.jpg