"Left Up In The Air" May 24, 2024

A place to discuss the weekly Wall Street Journal Crossword Puzzle Contest, starting every Thursday around 4:00 p.m. Eastern time. Please do not post any answers or hints before the contest deadline which is midnight Sunday Eastern time.
escapeartist

Post by escapeartist »

On the beach!
* 2022 WSJ Mug Winner - I bask in its Glory *
Henry Paul

Post by Henry Paul »

Call us on the beach, but since it's been weeks/months/cows-age since we've been able to say that, it's possible my submitted four letter word will end up being THAT kind of four-letter word...

Stay safe all on this long weekend.
Al Sisti

Post by Al Sisti »

Safely ashore, after a quick (?) stop to lubricate my... my... that thing that makes you think.
HeyMikey

Post by HeyMikey »

I’m not sure whether I am at sea or on the beach. I have an answer but feel like more steps are needed.

Must cogitate while nursing a local brew I found yesterday — Sea Haggis Scotch Ale.
IMG_1379.jpeg
I prefer my kale with a silent K.
Schmeel

Post by Schmeel »

Ashore!
billkatz

Post by billkatz »

I'm safely on shore!
TeamDoubleTow

Post by TeamDoubleTow »

We are ashore! It took a while and I was trying to make things more complicated than they were meant to be. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Team DoubleTow=Ali who posts here, Alex & Maya the hound(with occasional assistance from son)
benchen71

Post by benchen71 »

Ashore, and it's actually time for a Negroni (since it has taken me all day to see what I needed to see!)
Last edited by benchen71 on Fri May 24, 2024 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out "The MOAT MEOW Mashup Pack" here. US$10 for 14 metas that don't always abide by the "rules" of the game: asymmetry, 2-letter words, uncrossed letters, who knows. And this time there's a mega-meta! :shock:
michaelm

Post by michaelm »

On the beach from Budapest!
newbymar

Post by newbymar »

ASHORE! Brother John and I got it early this morning! Feel for those who get it in a few minutes. I get to spend hours with my brothers (long distance on FaceTime) trying to solve. Quality family time! I just don't like the DING of my phone at night when one of them has an idea!
[Mary Milani Newby ;)
BethA

Post by BethA »

On the beach! 🏖️ 🫖

Enjoyed it!
ArthurD

Post by ArthurD »

Finally made it ashore. I was stuck treading water all evening yesterday, then took another look this morning and saw it right away.
Tomgebhard

Post by Tomgebhard »

Friday morning solve. Ditch the coffee and make mine a mosa
SamKat9

Post by SamKat9 »

Late to the party and took a while to solve but confirmed ashore by @ajk .
I'll just have a Saturday morning nap on the beach.

I just realized it's still Friday. Sheesh lol
Last edited by SamKat9 on Fri May 24, 2024 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shannon 🐱
PS: If you want help with a meta, PM what you have so I can help without spoiling too much. I've received lots of help in the beginning and I love to pay it forward!
ajk

Post by ajk »

On the shore from Up in the Air (33,000 feet over Greenland to be precise). Traveling this weekend so took a while to get to it, and then took a few different looks to see what I was supposed to see.
Check out this very cool project by many of your favorite muggles to raise money to fight cancer. You get a fun puzzle bundle and good causes get $. Win-win: Crosswords for Cancer
Eric Porter

Post by Eric Porter »

Lost at 27A.

Unlike last week, I can't even get started. The puzzle implies a certain place to begin, but nothing I try has worked. There's always the Zoom meeting.

Edit: I'm now on shore after someone PM'd me a nudge, though he hadn't actually solved. I should have gotten it without a hint as I'd noticed something important.
Last edited by Eric Porter on Fri May 24, 2024 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ship4u

Post by ship4u »

REMINDER: Are you "up in the Air" about what to do this afternoon? Why not drop in to our weekly Muggle Zoom Friday today at 4:30 pm Eastern time! If you are having trouble solving this week's WSJ meta, there is no need to mumble four letter words to yourself. We are here to help. If you have already solved, come join the fun.

All are welcome! Click on the Muggle Zoom Room tab at the top of the page to join in.
Don & Cynthia

We are always happy to get to know other muggles and help in any way! PM's are always welcome. The next best thing to winning a mug is helping a fellow muggle win a mug!
JimJim

Post by JimJim »

Mornin! On shore. Thanks PB
Katiedid

Post by Katiedid »

Ashore faster than I've been in a long time. It was fun.
Zobo3737

Post by Zobo3737 »

Settled on the beach for the holiday.