"Outer Regions" - April 15, 2022

A place to discuss the weekly Wall Street Journal Crossword Puzzle Contest, starting every Thursday around 4:00 p.m. Eastern time. Please do not post any answers or hints before the contest deadline which is midnight Sunday Eastern time.
OliviaL

Post by OliviaL »

On shore before grid completion which has never happened for me! Debating whether I should go back and finish it. Cheers from Honduras!
auee89

Post by auee89 »

OliviaL wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:13 pm On shore before grid completion which has never happened for me! Debating whether I should go back and finish it. Cheers from Honduras!
Clicked on your website. How awesome is that!! Safe travels on this fantastic journey of yours. Muggles do the most amazing things.
Kevin
JetStream

Post by JetStream »

On shore for the first time in weeks. Thank goodness....I was getting tired.
Richard

Post by Richard »

I got my second booster on Wednesday afternoon. Felt fine for about 24 hours except for sore arm , then fever, chills and generally felt lousy.

Friday morning woke up feeling fine, happy to say. Note to Self - Do not get a vaccine on Wednesday.

Anyhow, got the meta and I must say fantastic construction.
Grover

Post by Grover »

On the beach.
Jackie88

Post by Jackie88 »

On shore!
Bayside Bomber

Post by Bayside Bomber »

Enjoying drinks on the beach. Beautiful construction but hardish grid!
Last edited by Bayside Bomber on Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Relic

Post by Relic »

As others have said, challenging grid and didn't see any path at first.

When I filled it in on the Excel spreadsheet the fog lifted immediately. First time on shore since Feb 25.

Solved and submitted! Velvet Hammer me!

And so the drought ends. Thanks for giving me a free weekend Mike Shenk. Wonderful puzzle sir!
Good luck to all for a successful solve. If you see that I'm ashore - rare occasion of late - message me if you'd like a nudge. Be sure to include your progress so I can know better how to assist.

Alan A. and Maggie Muggle
bcarv

Post by bcarv »

On shore after a couple weeks off.
katnahat

Post by katnahat »

On shore, having made it harder than necessary. Such a lovely AHA! Very, very clever! Thank you, Mike.
Last edited by katnahat on Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kathie
Jacksull

Post by Jacksull »

On the beach🏖🍷

This was one that I should solved right away, but for some reason I just didn’t see the answer.
Jack Sullivan
vandono

Post by vandono »

Does this ever happen to anyone else? You've more or less given up for the day and then your eye catches something and you think "Well, that could be related to the topic. It's probably a coincidence but let me just see if there's any- OMG. What am I, blind?"

Just me?

Safely and unexpectedly ashore! Now to find something that pairs well with salmon croquettes.
ZitaBriar

Post by ZitaBriar »

On shore just in time for Easter!!
Andrew Bradburn

Post by Andrew Bradburn »

vandono wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:36 pm Does this ever happen to anyone else? You've more or less given up for the day and then your eye catches something and you think "Well, that could be related to the topic. It's probably a coincidence but let me just see if there's any- OMG. What am I, blind?"

Just me?

Safely and unexpectedly ashore! Now to find something that pairs well with salmon croquettes.
Not just you. Same thing happened to me.
cbarbee002

Post by cbarbee002 »

Had some trees taken down, and the tree crew pulled up my bluebird house and laid it down (we were away, so it was on the ground for a week or so). Quite dismayed that I lost my bluebirds (which we have had for over a decade), I put up a new box. No more than 20 minutes later the family moved back in. All is well.
Attachments
Bluebird.jpg
mrmd

Post by mrmd »

On shore! Just wow on the thought that went into that one!
Chantellebeal

Post by Chantellebeal »

Got it! Fun one, especially after last week. Solved the grid and didn't see anything right away. Had to get back to other chores. I solved fairly quickly after looking at this again tonight. Have a wonderful Easter everyone.
Hidden in 3D

Post by Hidden in 3D »

So very happy to be ON SHORE! Now I have the entire weekend to spend with two of my favorite pals:
Griffin and Elise 2.27.22.jpg
The one on the left is our beagle, Griffin. (Notice his special blanket in his mouth. I don't know if pets have security blankets, but this sure helped in the crate training process!) The one on the right is our sweet granddaughter, Elise. She and Griffin have been best buddies since she was an infant. She nicknamed him Goobie shortly after she started talking and he now answers to that and most of the other nicknames she bestows upon him.
Sara
cheryl w

Post by cheryl w »

On shore after a long dry spell.
curtremarks

Post by curtremarks »

On shore! Enjoy the weekend and Happy Easter.
Best regards,
Curtis and Mary