"How Hard Can It Be?" - July 22, 2022

A place to discuss the weekly Wall Street Journal Crossword Puzzle Contest, starting every Thursday around 4:00 p.m. Eastern time. Please do not post any answers or hints before the contest deadline which is midnight Sunday Eastern time.
Limerick Savant

Post by Limerick Savant »

I’m ashore now and raising a toast …
(Complete limerick to follow)

In the meantime, I’ll have a Redbreast on ice, please. 😏
Dedicated to no nonsense nonsense
Collegetowngirl

Post by Collegetowngirl »

On shore. People say this is so easy but I don’t agree! Pretty hard imo. Or maybe I’m just saying that because hubby was the one who figured it out haha!
diplomatt

Post by diplomatt »

On the beach. So much easier than last week. Currently teetotaling. Virgin pina colada for me today.
BethA

Post by BethA »

@MaineMarge I remembered your earlier post about garlic scapes, and put some of my own in vases this year. Daisy liked being a model with them!

06_14_IMG_8320 (2).JPG
Jun 14

06_30_IMG_8390 (2).JPG
Jun 30

07_15_IMG_8417 (2).JPG
Jul 15
drbockel2

Post by drbockel2 »

Ugh—we’re so close! But stuck and need a nudge…any takers?
Hidden in 3D

Post by Hidden in 3D »

SusieG wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:07 am Greetings! I am ashore and happy to have an easy (for me) meta. As a challenge, I solved without looking anything up. I will just have a latte for now.

We are home after a great trip to Scotland. Here we are in an Edinburgh pub the night before we left. We were just as exhausted as we look!
I am totally impressed with anyone who solves this meta and doesn't have to look anything up! Great photo, too!
Sara
drbockel2

Post by drbockel2 »

Ok, apparently we were sitting on the answer but just didn’t see it at first. Ashore!
Jarrod

Post by Jarrod »

Ashore. What's a typical New York beverage? Traveling right now, a Manhattan is too punny.
Joe Ross

Post by Joe Ross »

Commodore wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:06 am Image
Massachusetts Beach on Friday. Muggle Beach on Saturday.
photo credit: Mrs. C.
From sister, in Austin:

Texas Out of Oven.jpg
Henry Paul

Post by Henry Paul »

Advance token to beach, go directly pass Isaac.

Had help from my Mom on this one; always amazing how creative the creators can be.

I have some comments; will wait till Monday.

Cheers to all.
Isw

Post by Isw »

Ashore (but full credit goes to my wife!)
sphorning

Post by sphorning »

Ashore after a small struggle with the meta. I'll have a chilled sauvignon blanc in a beach tumbler...
john day

Post by john day »

ashore - this was a fun one :lol:
dk letter

Post by dk letter »

Ashore! Traveling with my family so feeling grateful that this was a quick swim this week!
Grover

Post by Grover »

On the beach.
BarbaraK

Post by BarbaraK »

Question for the WSJ subscribers:

I get a daily email, “Today's Wall Street Journal Print Edition” that has a link to a single PDF of the entire paper. I didn’t get it this morning, and this is one I’d like to have. And I’ve had absolutely no luck finding it on the wsj site. (They have a section by section by section file that you have to read on their site, but that’s not the one I like.) So does anyone get that mail, and if so could you PM me the link?
If you want help with a meta, feel free to PM me. The more specific you are about what you have and what you want, the more likely I can help without spoiling.

(And if I help you win a mug, I’ll be especially delighted.)
Joe Ross

Post by Joe Ross »

BarbaraK wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:46 pm Question for the WSJ subscribers:

I get a daily email, “Today's Wall Street Journal Print Edition” that has a link to a single PDF of the entire paper. I didn’t get it this morning, and this is one I’d like to have. And I’ve had absolutely no luck finding it on the wsj site. (They have a section by section by section file that you have to read on their site, but that’s not the one I like.) So does anyone get that mail, and if so could you PM me the link?
WSJ header Print Edition link.png

https://www.wsj.com/digital-print-edition

Then:

READ WSJ PRINT EDITION
flyingMoose

Post by flyingMoose »

Joe Ross wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:05 pm
BarbaraK wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:46 pm Question for the WSJ subscribers:

WSJ header Print Edition link.png

https://www.wsj.com/digital-print-edition

Then:

READ WSJ PRINT EDITION
But that's the one she doesn't like? That is all I found, too. In fact, I was not aware of a PDF of the entire paper.
BarbaraK

Post by BarbaraK »

flyingMoose wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:18 pm But that's the one she doesn't like? That is all I found, too. In fact, I was not aware of a PDF of the entire paper.
I get the one with the whole paper by subscribing to “Today's Print Edition” here:
https://www.wsj.com/newsletters

Other than today, that is :(
If you want help with a meta, feel free to PM me. The more specific you are about what you have and what you want, the more likely I can help without spoiling.

(And if I help you win a mug, I’ll be especially delighted.)
Kris Zacharias

Post by Kris Zacharias »

On shore after overcoming an agonizing oversight. Will be taking a walk on a real beach tomorrow in Florida. We arrived here from Pennsylvania on Thursday, via a trip with a cancellation, a rebooking to a two-leg flight to another airport in Florida and then a change to standby when the second leg was delayed 7 hours.(It turned out that it got cancelled too.) We got seats on the standby flight, which arrived at our desired airport, only 4.5 hours after our original flight would have landed. Our luggage also arrived!! We are amazed at our luck and are enjoying a visit with our son and his family.