"Be Transformed" - June 3, 2022

A place to discuss the weekly Wall Street Journal Crossword Puzzle Contest, starting every Thursday around 4:00 p.m. Eastern time. Please do not post any answers or hints before the contest deadline which is midnight Sunday Eastern time.
Barney

Post by Barney »

Yup. Nope.

Hey Isaac. 👋 🌊
Eric Porter

Post by Eric Porter »

I'm also ashore thanks to the Zoom meeting. It was my first time joining. Thanks all!

I was stuck at the same point as pretty much everyone. This is one puzzle where I wouldn't have minded an extra hint somewhere.
Acarl

Post by Acarl »

Once again , ashore thanks to the Zoomers. One little nudge did it!
EVJ

Post by EVJ »

I wakeboarded ASHORE on Acarl’s wake.
What’s the correct thing to drink with crab cakes?
Al Laubenstein

Post by Al Laubenstein »

I was close, but the zoomers put me over the top.
Wendy Walker

Post by Wendy Walker »

I would not have gotten this without the help of the Zoom group. Yet another lacuna in my liberal arts education has been revealed! Thank you to all!
Good luck, fellow Muggles!
sjm

Post by sjm »

Ashore, but with a lot of help from ship4u (thanks!). Would not have got there on my own...!
Dplass

Post by Dplass »

Wendy Walker wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:15 pm I would not have gotten this without the help of the Zoom group. Yet another lacuna in my liberal arts education has been revealed! Thank you to all!
The word "lacuna" evidently was a lacuna in my engineering education.... :D
Ergcat

Post by Ergcat »

ON SHORE thanks to the wonderful muggles in the zoom room!
TGIF >>>Beer me!
Deb F

Post by Deb F »

Good heavens. I'd have been working this (or given up) until the seas dried up without the help of the ZooMuggles. Thank you all so much for your patience. So I am ashore and that group gets drinks on me!!!

Have a terrific weekend.
ship4u

Post by ship4u »

Wow, another fun Friday Zoom session! Thanks to all who participated. What a great wonderful group! Cynthia and I really enjoy interacting with everyone and getting to know more about each of you.
BTW, I am finally off the crutches and slowly getting back to normal functioning.
Don & Cynthia

We are always happy to get to know other muggles and help in any way! PM's are always welcome. The next best thing to winning a mug is helping a fellow muggle win a mug!
Bbaack

Post by Bbaack »

After way too much time the mechanism finally clicked for me. The title is very appropriate in retrospect. Another clever one from Matt!
FKelly

Post by FKelly »

ship4u wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:39 pm Wow, another fun Friday Zoom session!
You said it!
On shore after the deficiencies of my education have been revealed. And corrected.
I have, thus, been born again, morphed, converted and remade!
Well ... at least till next week. Have a great weekend.
HunterX

Post by HunterX »

Not even on the dock waiting to board the ship yet. Son has arrived in town. Daughter arriving very late tonight. We intend to start working on the puzzle tomorrow. However, we might be a little busy, as we have a wedding in the evening. Mine!

Already did the grid for the MGWCC, and found not much so far. Alas, after a long series of successful puzzle-solving weeks, I'm now in a bit of a befuddlement period. Must be all that "life" has going on for me these days. At least it's all good stuff and worth missing out on a renewed win streak. But there's still time.
Susan Goldberg

Post by Susan Goldberg »

Bob,

Count me among those with glazed eyes at Isaac’s bar. Maybe the Chardonnay will help. Anyway, I won’t give up until Sunday at midnight. There are worse addictions.
Ergcat

Post by Ergcat »

HunterX wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:45 pm Not even on the dock waiting to board the ship yet. Son has arrived in town. Daughter arriving very late tonight. We intend to start working on the puzzle tomorrow. However, we might be a little busy, as we have a wedding in the evening. Mine!

Already did the grid for the MGWCC, and found not much so far. Alas, after a long series of successful puzzle-solving weeks, I'm now in a bit of a befuddlement period. Must be all that "life" has going on for me these days. At least it's all good stuff and worth missing out on a renewed win streak. But there's still time.
Congratulations @HunterX !
Barney

Post by Barney »

Wendy Walker wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:15 pm I would not have gotten this without the help of the Zoom group. Yet another lacuna in my liberal arts education has been revealed! Thank you to all!
Eyepop.gif ‼️
woozy

Post by woozy »

I'd be great if I could use that as an excuse. So, it's about sports and James Bond movies, is it? I'm all ears.

I'll take the teensiest tiniest hint of a nudge.

I had nightmares about this puzzle and I don't want to have nightmares tonight.
So I just plain couldn't get my meta based on "Up the Down Staircase" to work.

My challenge it to constructors is to make a meta where the meta, theme or metanism is "Up the Down Staircase".
Bob cruise director
Cruise Director

Post by Bob cruise director »

Great zoom session. Two or three key words and we, collectively, were off to the races.

And most of us have been pondering, why didn't we think of that.

On the shore but not submitting :-(
Bob Stevens
Cruise Director
Bob cruise director
Cruise Director

Post by Bob cruise director »

@Wendy Walker I thought a lacuna was one of those bodies of water as spelled by ingeuneurs
Bob Stevens
Cruise Director