48. A Romantic Centerpiece

Puzzles! Puns! The occasional crosswordese! Solve a new meta at the end of each of month at https://punofakind.blogspot.com/
MikeyG

Post by MikeyG »

We got to 49 final solvers (perhaps as a prelude to Puzzle #49!).

A visual meta this time around: Note the clue for SEEN references some vowels not occurring as much than others. And while there is a proliferation of Es, that's mainly because the As and Us were restricted: only five each of them exist in alternating fashion around the center (centerpiece) of the grid.

Per the IM IN MY ELEMENT themer, Au is the atomic symbol for gold (and this is reinforced as important by the clue for 1-Across). And these letters form, in Valentine's Day fashion, a heart. This leads us laterally to HEART OF GOLD, this week's meta answer.

Thanks to all for solving! My Valentine was Ginger Cat, of course.

See you on Saturday for the end-of-month meta! I'll be in an extra good mood because my Cubbies have their first spring training game!!

Mikey G
Less cross words, more crosswords.

Solve my latest "Pun of a Kind" Meta!: 92. It's a Breeze
Darth

Post by Darth »

Hey @MikeyG, you can count me as your 50th solver. I solved it while in Galactic time zone. haha :lol:
Alvibu67

Post by Alvibu67 »

Very late to this party, but I have an alternate answer/rabbit hole.

HEART-SHAPED BOX

i.e., a box (the grid) with/for a heart shape. It’s perfect for a Valentine’s Day meta!

Allison (Alvibu67)