51. It Is What It Is

Puzzles! Puns! The occasional crosswordese! Solve a new meta at the end of each of month at https://punofakind.blogspot.com/
MikeyG

Post by MikeyG »

Puzzle #51 recap

Puzzle #51 answer: META

Correct entries: a jaw-dropping record 92, which might stand the test of time for a while!!

This meta was meta because the meta is META!

I made this silly grid last summer and figured April Fool's was the perfect time to let it see the light of day! (Interesting that most letters occur relatively equally, though "M" did beat out "T" 22-18).

Thanks to all of you for putting up with it, and if you haven't yet, check out @Clark E. Tripe's debut puzzle! Pretty wild it's a debut, since puzzles like that typically are only made by seasoned meta constructors! Very impressive!

New meta (whose answer is not META) dropping on Saturday! Until then, go Cubs go!

Mikey G
Less cross words, more crosswords.

Solve my latest "Pun of a Kind" Meta!: 92. It's a Breeze
dsbened

Post by dsbened »

I truly like your punny puzzles, but am I missing something re 2D with the clue "Lap"? I was thinking it could be clued as "An alien's morning" or something to make the answer work.
Seattle DB
Abide

Post by Abide »

lap reversed is "pal"

etam reversed is "mate"

From the Crosshare comments
Abide 4s · 15 days ago
For future reference, 2-Down is the #1 lingerie brand in France. (I did the research for you)
Mikey G constructor · 15 days ago
See, look what I'm learning today.
oldjudge 16s · 15 days ago
Peter—Research can be so boring—way to take one for the team.
DrTom 🤓12:21 · 10 days ago
Well it caught me unaware…
The site is just a web page, a meeting place, a clubhouse - it's the group that's special.
—Brian MacDonald