WSJ Acrostic - Dec 18

A place for discussion about variety puzzles such as acrostics, marching bands, rows and gardens, and diagramless.
BethA

WSJ Acrostic - Dec 18

Post by BethA »

Is it just me, or has the ability to solve this week’s variety puzzle ONLINE disappeared?

That was one of the nicest things about it, that I didn’t have to transcribe the letters manually. Now the only options I see are to DOWNLOAD PDF or SEE SOLUTION.

Edit: Well, it doesn’t matter for this month, since I already did it. Sorry to see the online solver disappear though.
boharr

Post by boharr »

This is really weird. I like doing them online.
Janet

Post by Janet »

Waah! I'm disappointed too. I used to enjoy acrostics in the printed paper in the past, although filling in the corresponding squares was always tedious.
I don't want to go back to tedium! I'm hoping it's a glitch.
Jacksull

Post by Jacksull »

I prefer to do acrostics online, but I have a hard time with the WSJ version on my IPad. Maybe there’s a revision in the works.
Jack Sullivan
KayW

Post by KayW »

I'm holding out for a fix to the website - I've been spoiled by the online version. I don't think I could go back to solving acrostics on paper.
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.